The modern successor to the famous cabin ship Druzhba sails under the Austrian flag on the route from Vienna to the Danube Delta (14 days) and back. Gradually you will sail through the beautiful Danube cities and nooks: you will experience 13 nights on the waves, 11 fun evenings in the ship theater, you will sail through 6 countries, and you will wake up in a different city every day. Due to the closure of cruises on the Danube for cabin ships, these cruises could not take place in 2020 and 2021, and so comes the big premiere!
- In case of occupied capacity, we will be happy to place you on the waiting list. You can be lucky that your dream cabin will free up before the start of the cruise!
- You can also book the cruise as a gift voucher.
- You can also take your own bicycle on board.
1. day: Vienna (AT)
Individual arrival at the port of Nussdorf, boarding possible from 3:30 p.m.. Departure at 4 p.m. Welcome evening at the ship theater.
2. day: Budapest (HU)
Arriving in Budapest in the morning, all sights can be seen from the ship. In the morning individual tour and optional: city bus tour. Later lunch at 2 p.m.. Late evening arrival in Mohács, border control (leaving Schengen)
3. day: Nový Sad (SRB)
Arrival around midday. A tour of the second largest city in Serbia. Beautiful squares, various palaces, the impressive Church of the Virgin Mary and the Petrovaradin Fortress with a wonderful view await you. During dinner leaving the port. Folklore program in the ship theater.
4. day: Turnu Severin (RO)
In the morning cruise through the Iron Gate, a 150 km long, rocky strait, in which there is about 60 meters deep Danube (cross-section through the Carpathians). Experience in the form of a two-stage cross-sail of the Djerdap power plant.
Individual tour of Turnu Severin, evening Talkshow “Today’s life in Romania” in the ship theater.
Optional: Guided tour of Turnu Severin (103,000 inhabitants., opera, water tower, pedestrian zone, old town).
5. day: Turnu Măgurele and Bucharest (RO)
Optional tour: bus transfer to Bucharest (135 km), sightseeing ride and city tour. Departure from Bucharest to Giurgiu around 17.30 (62 km) and embarkation.
6. day: Tulcea (RO)
Arrival to the capital of the Danube Delta, walking tour of the historic center and a visit to one of the most beautiful churches and entry to the “Danube Delta Museum”. An evening with Romanian folklore at the ship theater.
7. day: the Danube Delta - Sulina (RO)
At midday transfer to the zero river kilometer. Walking tour to a historical lighthouse / Black Sea. By taxi or bicycle (2,3 km) to a Black Sea beach. Departure at 10:30 p.m..
Optional program: In the morning, an opportunity to explore the picturesque fauna and flora of the Danube Delta with small boats and expert commentary (approx. 3 hours).
8. day: Brăila (RO)
Individual tour of a small port town.
Optional program: Walking tour to the listed historical center with and orthodox churches of Mikhail and Gavril.
9. day: Russe (BUL)
Arrival to the business metropolis of northern Bulgaria with the opera house, the churches of St. Peter and the Holy Trinity and a series of Orthodox temples.
Optional: City tour by bus.
10. day: Vidin (BUL)
In the morning arrival to the ancient Bulgarian city, Thracian Dunonia (3rd century BC); situated on the foothills of the Carpathians. Walking tour with visits to the medieval Baba Vida Fortress, the mausoleums and Sveti Dimitar Cathedral.
11. day: Belgrade (SRB)
In the morning passage through the Iron Gate. Arrival to the Serbian capital – Belgrade.
Optional: city tour, including Kalemegdan Fortress with spectacular views of the Sava Estuary. Enjoy Belgrade and its bustling pedestrian zone, various cathedrals and mosques.
12. day: Mohacs – Kalocsa (HU)
Entry into the Schengen area. Further to Baja.
Optional: Bus transfer from Baja to Kalocsy, the capital of Puszta, which is 95 km away. You will visit the Cathedral and the Bishop’s Palace. Embarkation in Kalocsa. Concert “Miracle of Voices” in the ship theater.
13. day: Esztergom (HU) / Štúrovo (SK)
A tour of the cathedral with the largest altarpiece in the world. The Esztergom landmark is the third largest cathedral in Europe.
14. day: Vienna
Arrival during breakfast and disembarkation in Nussdorf until 9.30 am.
Prices by accommodation type
- Main deck aft (bunk bed, ideal for individuals, approx 9,5 m2) … 1 499 € per person
- Main deck (1 bed + 1 sofa, approx 11,5 m2) … 1 649 € per person
- Upper deck (2 beds, balcony, approx 16,5 m2) … 2 575 € per person
- Promenade deck (2 beds, balcony, approx 16,5 m2) … 2 685 € per person
Surcharges for occupancy of the cabin by one person:
for one person on the main deck aft + 150 €; main deck +50 %; upper and promenade deck +75 % surcharge.
Occupancy of the cabin by more passengers:
The capacity of the cabin on the main deck is for max. 4 people (on bunk beds with a fold-away top). Cabins on the upper deck for max. 3 people(75 x 185 m convertible sofa).
Discounts for 3rd-4th person by age:
up to 5.9 years … 100%; up to 11.9 years … 50%; from 12 years … 25%
Výletná plavba Viedeň – Sulina – Viedeň zahŕňa všetky prístavné poplatky a nasledovné služby:
- 13x overnight / full board (daily: American breakfast, three-course lunch, sitting with coffee / tea with cakes, four-course dinner, midnight buffet) in the selected cabin
- 11 entertainment programs in the ship’s theater (folklore of the “Danube” countries, wine tasting, film evening…)
- 1 massage (approx. 15 min) and 1 hydrojet-waterbed massage (approx. 15 min) per cabin
- traditional shaving of a beard per cabin
- Walking tour in Novi Sad, including the Petrovaradin fortress
- Walking tour of Tulcea, including entrance to the Danube Delta Museum
- Walking tour in Vidin
- Visit to the basilica in Esztergom
- Optional programs at an additional cost
- Transport to and from Vienna can be arranged at an additional cost. The language of the cruise is German, you can also speak English on the ship and part of the staff also speaks Slovak.
Trip package (+ 188 € / person)
- Tour of Budapest (3 hours)
- Walking tour of Turnu Severin
- Transfer, tour and individual visit to Bucharest
- Boat trip to the Danube Delta (3 hours)
- Tour of Brăila (2 hod)
- Tour of Russe – including the National Opera (4 hours)
- Walking tour of Vidin with Baba Vida Fortress (4 hours)
- Tour of Belgrade with the Kalemegdan fortifications (3 hours)
- Transfer to Kalocsa and tour of the cathedral (1 hour)
** Programs / excursions can be purchased directly on the ship individually depending on availability, such as a tour of Budapest for 40 € per person.
Voucher for 30 drinks (+ 109 € / person)
soft drinks, coffee / tea, sparkling wine, open wines, beer
Accommodation and gastronomy
Ship MS Primadonna ****+ is the second largest ship on the Danube.
It has 80 cabins for passengers with individually adjustable climate, shower and WC, hair dryer, SAT-TV, phone, minibar and spacious closets.
Cabins on the main deck – area ca. 11,5 m² with one fixed bed and a large sofa. All cabins have a large, round window – not openable. There are also single cabins aft available for individuals with an area 9,5 m².
Cabins on the upper and promenade deck – area ca. 16,5 m² have two connected beds, writing table, balcony and sofa or two armchairs.
The specialties of fine Viennese cuisine for guests are prepared by the 41-member staff, always from fresh ingredients and organic products. They serve a daily breakfast buffet with a large selection of hot and cold dishes, from a variety of menus you can choose from a three-course lunch and a four- to five-course dinner menu. Of course there is an afternoon sitting with tea, coffee and cake and a midnight snack or a second dinner.
The restaurant on the ship is proud of the title “Healthy Kitchen”, which was awarded to it by the government of Upper Austria. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know when booking. Possibility to purchase a beverage package for the entire stay, which allows free consumption of soft drinks, beer, wine and quality sparkling wine from 12.00 to 24.00.
Cruise moments on ship Primadonna
Book a place for a cruise on the Danube. Your reservation will not become binding until you confirm and pay the cruise fee. We will send you payment instructions by e-mail.
- More than 60 days before departure 10% of the price of the cruise
- From 59 to 30 days before departure 50% of the cruise price
- From 29 to 10 days before departure 70% of the cruise price
- From 9 to 4 days before departure 90% of the cruise price
- 3 days before departure or no-show 100% of the cruise price.
- Possibility of program changes during this trip in the interest of your safety, due to a pandemic, high or low water or other force majeure. Sections which for these reasons cannot be crossed by boat are then secured by bus, without increasing the price. The stated mooring times in ports may be affected by the height of the water and the passage of river locks.
The only cabin ship floating on the Danube under the Austrian flag was built in 1998 in Germany and underwent a complete renovation in 2009. The ship’s facilities include the hotel’s long lobby, the panoramic restaurant Primogusto and the bar Primaaperitivo, the Danube Arena Primavisto and the ship theater Primatheatro, where most guests meet. The whole ship has a pleasant climate, which can be individually regulated in the cabins. The Primadonna is the second largest Danube ship with a length of 113.5 m and a width of 17.4 m.
The stay is made more pleasant by the chosen architecture – the ship has the form of a catamaran, 9 meters high windshield and a glass floor at the reception – here the view falls directly on the underwater world and offers a unique experience. There is a small hot tub, showers, sun loungers and comfortable seating on the sun deck. Wellness facilities include an indoor hot tub, a Kneipp pool, and a sauna, where health and beauty treatments can be booked.
Length: 113,5 m
Width: 17,4 m
Speed: 14 knots/ 26 km/h
Engines: 2 main, 3 auxiliary
Air conditioning: 2 main
Draft: 1,7 m
Fixed point above water: 8,2 m
Capacity: 198 passengers
Number of cabins: 82
Number of crew members: 52
Number of decks: 4