Dates: 8. – 13. October, 13. – 18. October, 18. – 23. October
Discover the treasures of the Danube region! Budapest – the Hungarian capital, fully lit in the evening – leaves impressions from the ship that you will never forget. Or Vienna – the imperial city, including a visit to the imperial crown. Discover Bratislava, the coronation city of the Hungarian kings and Linz, the European Capital of Culture 2009, comfortably on a luxury ship!
1. day: Passau
Boarding in Passau from 15:30 | Transfer between private parking / main station – ship | Welcome refreshments | Crossing the famous river meander Schlögener Schlinge.
2. day: Vienna
In the morning, journey through the Wachau | City tour of “Imperial Vienna” from Nussdorfer Platz with a stop in Schönbrunn Palace Park (ticket to the palace + 18,00 €) and a visit to the “Crowns of Habsburgs” treasury with Holy Roman imperial crowns, etc. Late dinner on board.
3. day: Budapest
In the morning, journey through the famous bend of the Danube with the Visegrad Fortress | City tour of Budapest (3 hours) including individual tours | A boat trip around the festively lit Hungarian capital | Wine tasting from the Danube countries.
4. day: Bratislava
Around the fortified town of Komárno (6 systems, from Roman times to the Red Army) | Bratislava city tour (1 hour);Individual visit to the Bratislava Castle or the Primate’s Palace | Boat trip through the Hungarian Gate and the Donauauen National Park | Concert evening in the ship theater.
5. day: Linz
Via Strudengau around the castles of Greinburg, Dornach, Clam, Wallsee, etc. | Ticket for Linz Castle and the Pöstlingbergbahn | Exhibition gymnastics in the ship theater.
6. day: Passau
Arrival in Passau at 9.00 | Transfer to Passau Main station or to the car park.
Prices by accommodation type
- 2-bed cabin – Main deck aft (bunk bed, approx 10 m2) … 644 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Main deck (1 bed + 1 sofa, approx 12 m2) … 714 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Upper deck (2 beds, balcony, approx 16 m2) … 1 023 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Promenade deck (2 beds, balcony, approx 16 m2) … 1 095 € / person
Surcharges for occupancy of the cabin by one person:
for one person on the main deck aft + 150 €; main deck +50 %; upper and promenade deck +75 % surcharge.
Occupancy of the cabin by more passengers:
The capacity of the cabin on the main deck is for max. 4 people (on bunk beds with a fold-away top). Cabins on the upper deck for max. 3 people(75 x 185 m convertible sofa).
Discounts for 3rd-4th person by age:
up to 5.9 years … 100%; up to 11.9 years … 50%; from 12 years … 25%
- Ship cruise Passau-Budapest-Passau,5 x full board including port charges in the booked double cabin, shower / WC / TV / phone / safe / minibar / adjustable air conditioning
- Drinks for lunch and dinner (soft drinks, beer, excellent bottled wines) and in the bar until 22.00.
- Car parking in Passau /must be ordered one month before the cruise/ and transfer to and from ship
- 1 x partial body and 1 x hydrojet massage (each about 15 min), as well as 1 x traditional beard shave per main deck cabin
- 4 entertainment evenings in the deck theater
- all excursions to the coast according to the itinerary – tours in Vienna and Budapest,ticket to the treasury or to Linz Castle, walking tour of Bratislava, a ticket for the steepest railway in the world to Pöstlingberg
Transport to and from Passau can be arranged at an additional cost. The language of the cruise is German, you can also speak English on the ship and part of the staff also speaks Slovak.
Accommodation and gastronomy
Ship MS Primadonna ****+ is the second largest ship on the Danube.
It has 80 cabins for passengers with individually adjustable climate, shower and WC, hair dryer, SAT-TV, phone, minibar and spacious closets.
Cabins on the main deck – area ca. 11,5 m² with one fixed bed and a large sofa. All cabins have a large, round window – not openable. There are also single cabins aft available for individuals with an area 9,5 m².
Cabins on the upper and promenade deck – area ca. 16,5 m² have two connected beds, writing table, balcony and sofa or two armchairs.
The specialties of fine Viennese cuisine for guests are prepared by the 41-member staff, always from fresh ingredients and organic products. They serve a daily breakfast buffet with a large selection of hot and cold dishes, from a variety of menus you can choose from a three-course lunch and a four- to five-course dinner menu. Of course there is an afternoon sitting with tea, coffee and cake and a midnight snack or a second dinner.
The restaurant on the ship is proud of the title “Healthy Kitchen”, which was awarded to it by the government of Upper Austria. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know when booking. Possibility to purchase a beverage package for the entire stay, which allows free consumption of soft drinks, beer, wine and quality sparkling wine from 12.00 to 24.00.
Cruise moments on ship Primadonna
Book a place for a cruise on the Danube. Your reservation will not become binding until you confirm and pay the cruise fee. We will send you payment instructions by e-mail.
- More than 60 days before departure 10% of the price of the cruise
- From 59 to 30 days before departure 50% of the cruise price
- From 29 to 10 days before departure 70% of the cruise price
- From 9 to 4 days before departure 90% of the cruise price
- 3 days before departure or no-show 100% of the cruise price.
- Possibility of program changes during this trip in the interest of your safety, due to a pandemic, high or low water or other force majeure. Sections which for these reasons cannot be crossed by boat are then secured by bus, without increasing the price. The stated mooring times in ports may be affected by the height of the water and the passage of river locks.
The only cabin ship floating on the Danube under the Austrian flag was built in 1998 in Germany and underwent a complete renovation in 2009. The ship’s facilities include the hotel’s long lobby, the panoramic restaurant Primogusto and the bar Primaaperitivo, the Danube Arena Primavisto and the ship theater Primatheatro, where most guests meet. The whole ship has a pleasant climate, which can be individually regulated in the cabins. The Primadonna is the second largest Danube ship with a length of 113.5 m and a width of 17.4 m.
The stay is made more pleasant by the chosen architecture – the ship has the form of a catamaran, 9 meters high windshield and a glass floor at the reception – here the view falls directly on the underwater world and offers a unique experience. There is a small hot tub, showers, sun loungers and comfortable seating on the sun deck. Wellness facilities include an indoor hot tub, a Kneipp pool, and a sauna, where health and beauty treatments can be booked.
Length: 113,5 m
Width: 17,4 m
Speed: 14 knots/ 26 km/h
Engines: 2 main, 3 auxiliary
Air conditioning: 2 main
Draft: 1,7 m
Fixed point above water: 8,2 m
Capacity: 198 passengers
Number of cabins: 82
Number of crew members: 52
Number of decks: 4